Why get an oil change?
Oil changes are needed to maintain the oil health of your GM vehicle. Our Birchwood Chevrolet Buick GMC technicians are GM-trained to understand how your make and model uses oil and motors its oil life. Our team has the expertise needed to provide great service at great prices, all at a time that’s convenient for you.
Does my GM vehicle have an oil monitoring system?
Most GM vehicles are now equipped with the GM Oil Life Monitor System. This system senses your vehicle’s speed and engine temperature while continuously monitoring operating conditions. These features help determine when you’re in need of an oil change. When the light comes on, you come in and we’ll give you the Birchwood Winnipeg oil change experience.
Your Birchwood Chevrolet Buick GMC technician will reset your Oil Life Monitor System once your oil is changed.
How can I check the oil myself?
- First, make sure the oil is warm and your vehicle is on level ground. Your owner’s manual may recommend you check your oil level after you refuel.
- Turn off your engine and wait 10 to 15 minutes for it to cool down. This also allows the oil to drain back into the pan.
- Pop the hood, remove the dipstick and wipe it clean.
- Re-insert the dipstick, wait for a moment then remove it to take the oil reading.
- Inspect the oil level on both sides of the dipstick. The level will tell you if the oil is low, good or high.
- Call Birchwood Chevrolet to schedule your next Winnipeg oil change!
Birchwood Roadside Assistance
Every time you schedule a Winnipeg oil change with Birchwood Chevrolet Buick GMC, you will receive a complimentary 6 months of Birchwood Roadside Assistance.
This package includes:
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- 24-hour towing service
- 24-hour mechanical first aid
- 24-hour tire change service
- 24-hour emergency delivery
- 24-hour battery service
- 24-hour lost key service
- Rental car discounts
- Map routing service
- Theft and hit & run protection
Contact (204) 400-6206 or fill out this form to book your Winnipeg oil change today and one of our Birchwood team members will find a time that works for you.